Welcome to Bitnation!
Collection of Information
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. For example, we collect information you provide to us when you register for an account, create a user profile, use our Contact Us form or otherwise communicate with us. Such information may include your name, email address, phone number, biographic information, social media handle, social media profile and/or website URL, picture and any other information you choose to provide. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to certain information from that third-party service, such as your name and account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such service.
When you access or use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Services through your computer, we automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address and approximate location information derived from your IP address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before navigating to our Services. Additionally, when you visit our Services through your mobile device, we may also collect your unique device ID, device make and model, device IP address, mobile web browser type and version and mobile carrier. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Services.
We may collect information using web beacons (also known as pixel tags). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third Party Analytics and Advertisements
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- provide and deliver products and services and send you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about new updates, upcoming events, and other news about services offered by Bitnation and our selected partners;
- link or combine with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- with your consent or at your direction;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of Bitnation or others; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social plug-ins (such as the Facebook “Like” button) or other tools or features which let you share actions you take on our Services with other websites, and vice versa. The use of such social sharing features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
Bitnation takes reasonable measures to help protect information we collect about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices and Changes
Account Information. You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Bitnation by following the instructions in those emails or by modifying your preferences in your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Your Privacy Rights. Data Protection Act 1998 governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal data by organisations in a manner that recognises both the right of individuals to protect their personal data and the need of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Changes to This Policy
Bitnation may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access the Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].